Teacher Tip: Teacher Reflection Questions
Five questions to help you evaluate your effectiveness in instruction
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8, 9–12
It's always good to reflect on what you've done if you want to improve. As a teacher your main goal should be to improve because there is no where to go but up! Here are some questions that you can ask yourself that will help you reflect on your lessons:
1. Was the instructional objective met? How do I know students learned what was intended?
2. Were the students productively engaged? How do I know?
3. Did I alter my instructional plan as I taught the lesson? Why?
4. What additional assistance, support, and/or resources would have further enhanced this lesson?
5. If I had the opportunity to teach the lesson again to the same group of students, would I do anything differently? What? Why?