- The More Than Just Surviving Handbook ESL For Every Classroom Teacher by Barbara Law & Mary Eckes
- Reading, Writing, And Learning in ESL, A Resource Book for K-12 Teachers by Suzanne F. Peregoy & Owen F. Boyle
- The Crosscultural, Language, And Academic Development Handbook, A Complete K-12 Reference Guide by Lynne T. Diaz-Rico & Kathryn Z. Weed
- Classroom Instruction that Works, Research-Based Strategies For Increasing Student Achievement by Robert . Marzano, Debra J. Pickering, & Jane E. Pollock
- Bringing It All Together by Marcia Brechtel (Tip: Do the GLAD training if you have the opportunity!!!)
- The Natural Approach by Stephen Krashen and Tracy Terrel
ELD Web Sites to Bookmark
Save's ESL Café
ESL and EFL teachers and students from around the World post messages, questions, tips, and ideas at this independently run Web site.
This winning site includes content-based lesson plans, activities, recommendations on classroom materials, and discussion boards for working with non-native English speakers.
ELD Strategies; Teaching Language Through Content Areas
This new site offers lessons and teaching plans to help you integrate English language development with science and social studies lessons.
GLAD is a model of professional development in the area of language acquisition and literacy. Use this site to share resources with other teachers and find support you're your everyday classroom needs.