Celebrate spring with lesson plans, crafts, and science activities to help you teach about plants, insects, and weather!
Sun Catchers Crafts Project
Create these beautiful sun catchers to ring in spring and decorate for spring holidays.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will love creating these faux-stained-glass sun catchers for a classroom springtime celebration!
What You Need:
- Coffee filters, at least one per student
- Bingo daubers or Do-A-Dot-Art!™ markers
- Spray bottles filled with water
- Plastic place mats or a space outside
What You Do:
- Have your students use pencils to draw spring shapes, such as an egg, shamrock, heart, flower, or bunny, on the coffee filters.
- Have your students cut out their shapes along the pencil mark.
- Let your students use the bingo daubers or Do-A-Dot-Art!™ markers to decorate the coffee-filter shape.
- Have your students either lay their coffee-filter shapes on the plastic place mats or bring them outside before using the spray bottles to create a tie-dyed look.
- Have the students soak their decorated filters with the spray bottles. The water will cause the colors to run and appear tie-dyed.
- Help your students hang their finished crafts to dry.
- Once the coffee-filter shapes are dry, hang them in a window to show off the colors.