Welcome autumn into the classroom with these apple-themed art projects, leaf decorations, and personalized nameplates.
Stained Glass Leaves Craft Project
Hang these beautiful, easy-to-make decorations in your classroom windows to set the tone for fall.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
What You Need:
- White crayons
- Black construction paper
- Waxed paper
- Red, yellow, orange, and brown tissue paper cut into small squares
- Clear-drying glue
What You Do:
- Have students draw a large leaf shape with white crayon on black construction paper.
- Have them cut out their leaf shapes.
- Students then trace the leaf shape on a piece of waxed paper and cut it out.
- Next, have students cut out the middle of the black construction paper leaf to create a frame about one inch thick all around.
- Tape the waxed paper leaf to the back of this black border.
- Glue pieces of tissue paper to the back of the waxed paper, covering the entire middle section.
- Allow the leaf to dry on a flat surface.
- Turn the leaf over and hang in the window to decorate your room!