Bring lessons to life with these engaging craft projects that celebrate spring, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, and more!
Spring Chick Craft
Bring on the spring! Younger students will love creating these super-cute, cuddly chicks.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will welcome spring with these easy-to-make fuzzy fellows.
What You Need:
- 9- by 12-inch yellow construction paper, one sheet for every 2 students
- 9- by 12-inch orange construction paper, one sheet for every 4 students
- Yellow feathers
- Googly eyes, at least two per student
What You Do:
- Before class, cut the 9- by 12-inch yellow construction paper into halves so you have at least one half-sheet for each student. Cut the orange construction paper into quarters, enough for each student to have one quarter-sheet.
- In class, give each student a half-sheet of yellow construction paper and a quarter-sheet of orange construction paper.
- Have your students use the orange construction paper to cut two feet shapes and a triangle for a beak, as shown.
- Have your students select enough yellow feathers to cover their yellow construction paper. If the feathers are long, help your students trim some of them to give the chick some fluff.
- Have your students carefully glue the yellow feathers to one side of the yellow construction paper, covering the entire surface. Set these aside to dry.
- When the feather-covered yellow construction paper is dry, have your students orient the paper vertically on their desk and glue two googly eyes near the top of the paper, on top of the feathers.
- Have your students glue the orange beak below the eyes and the orange feet near the bottom edge of the chick, as shown.