Celebrate the holiday season with these craft ideas for Kwanzaa wreaths, reindeer puppets, snowmen ornaments, and more!
Snowman Ornament Craft
Create a snowman using craft sticks and paint and use it for your holiday or wintertime decorating!
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
What You Need
- Craft paint in black and white
- Black marker
- Googly eyes
- 8-inch strip of ribbon
- 8 craft sticks
- 1 pom pom (any color)
What You Do
- Glue 7 craft sticks side-by-side, using a strong-hold glue. Lay them on a flat surface and allow the glue to dry.
- Glue the last craft stick horizontally across the other 7 sticks, about 1-inch up from the end of the sticks. The horizontal craft stick will form the brim on the snowman's hat.
- Once the glue has dried, paint the brim of the hat and above with black paint (or whatever color you like).
- Paint the rest of the sticks white.
- Allow the paint to dry.
- Glue 2 googly eyes just below the brim of the hat.
- Glue the pompom below the eyes, to form the nose.
- Use black market to draw a mouth.
- Using a strong-hold glue, attach the ribbon to the back of the snowman. Once dry, you can hang up your snowman decoration!