Follow up a lesson on autumn or apples with this fun craft that is also a great sensory activity for little ones.
What You Need:
- Shaving cream
- Plastic cups
- Craft sticks
- Red, green, or yellow paint
- Apple cutouts (one for each student)
- Green and brown construction paper
What You Do:
- Mix one part glue and two parts shaving cream in a plastic cup with a craft stick.
- Add about a teaspoon of red, green, or yellow paint.
- If necessary, add more shaving cream or glue to create a fluffy but somewhat firm consistency.
- Repeat the above steps, so that each student has his or her own cup of color.
- Have students spread the mixture on the apple cutouts, using their hands or a craft stick.
- While students are working, cut leaves from green construction paper and stems from brown construction paper, one for each student.
- When the apples are dry, students can glue a leaf and stem at the top of each apple.