Use these lesson plans, crafts, and recommended books to help teach your class all about apples.
Shaving Cream Apples Craft Project
Celebrate fall with an easy craft that lets students get their hands dirty!
Follow up a lesson on autumn or apples with this fun craft that is also a great sensory activity for little ones.
What You Need:
- Shaving cream
- Plastic cups
- Craft sticks
- Red, green, or yellow paint
- Apple cutouts (one for each student)
- Green and brown construction paper
What You Do:
- Mix one part glue and two parts shaving cream in a plastic cup with a craft stick.
- Add about a teaspoon of red, green, or yellow paint.
- If necessary, add more shaving cream or glue to create a fluffy but somewhat firm consistency.
- Repeat the above steps, so that each student has his or her own cup of color.
- Have students spread the mixture on the apple cutouts, using their hands or a craft stick.
- While students are working, cut leaves from green construction paper and stems from brown construction paper, one for each student.
- When the apples are dry, students can glue a leaf and stem at the top of each apple.
Welcome autumn into the classroom with these apple-themed art projects, leaf decorations, and personalized nameplates.