All of us want to be the best teachers we can be, and professional development is the key to getting there. But the thought of attending a full-day PD session while juggling a busy teaching schedule can seem like a grind.
Fear not! We’ve put together a host of digital resources that are useful, economical, and enjoyable. And we’ve assembled them all in a handy pullout mini-poster. Just download, print, and hang in your office. Try a few ideas right away, then refer to the poster the next time your teaching could use a little boost.
There’s a (FREE) App for That
• iTunes U. More than 500,000 lectures, videos, books, and other educational resources, from Harvard classes to kindergarten content.
• Edmodo. Link to your students, their parents, and other teachers outside the classroom.
• TeacherKit. Keep track of students’ attendance, grades, and behavior.
• Common Core Standards. Quickly and easily find CCSS by subject and grade.
• DIIGO. Bookmark and annotate your favorite websites.
• TED. All of the inspirational and educational TED talks, right on your mobile device.
Find a Webinar that “Wows”
• School Improvement Network. Look for the upcoming series “Common Core in the Classroom” and “Art in Education.”
• Pearson Common Core Institute. Topics include text complexity, connecting math practices to content, and assessment. commoncore.pearsoned.com
• Scholastic. A rich lineup of webinars on the Common Core, integrating technology in the classroom, and more.
• ASCD. Differentiated instruction, neuroscience and learning, and a series on the Common Core.