The latest education stories from the pages of Scholastic Teacher.
All of us want to be the best teachers we can be, and professional development is the key to getting there. But the thought of attending a full-day PD session while juggling a busy teaching schedule can seem like a grind.
Fear not! We’ve put together a host of digital resources that are useful, economical, and enjoyable. And we’ve assembled them all in a handy pullout mini-poster. Just download, print, and hang in your office. Try a few ideas right away, then refer to the poster the next time your teaching could use a little boost.
There’s a (FREE) App for That
• iTunes U. More than 500,000 lectures, videos, books, and other educational resources, from Harvard classes to kindergarten content.
• Edmodo. Link to your students, their parents, and other teachers outside the classroom.
• TeacherKit. Keep track of students’ attendance, grades, and behavior.
• Common Core Standards. Quickly and easily find CCSS by subject and grade.
• DIIGO. Bookmark and annotate your favorite websites.
• TED. All of the inspirational and educational TED talks, right on your mobile device.
Find a Webinar that “Wows”
• School Improvement Network. Look for the upcoming series “Common Core in the Classroom” and “Art in Education.”
• Pearson Common Core Institute. Topics include text complexity, connecting math practices to content, and assessment. commoncore.pearsoned.com
• Scholastic. A rich lineup of webinars on the Common Core, integrating technology in the classroom, and more.
• ASCD. Differentiated instruction, neuroscience and learning, and a series on the Common Core.
Resources to help you keep your career goals on target.
The complete collection of articles, lesson ideas, print-ready resources, and more.