Give students a warm welcome with these fun getting-to-know-you activities and unit plans.
Nameplate Collages Art Project
This inventive craft helps you get to know your students at the start of the school year.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
What You Need:
- White construction paper, 9- by 12-inch size
- Colored pencils
What You Do:
- Cut a piece of white construction paper in half lengthwise. You will need a half sheet for each student.
- Using stencils, have the students trace the letters of their name on the paper.
- Have children color in the letters of their names.
- Have students browse the magazines and cut out pictures of things they like, such as animals, sports, hobbies, food, or places to travel.
- Students glue the pictures around their names, creating a collage.
Welcome autumn into the classroom with these apple-themed art projects, leaf decorations, and personalized nameplates.