More Great Books
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8
• A Pig Is Big, by Douglas Florian (Greenwillow, 2000).
• What Is Square?, by Rebecca Kai Dotlich (Harper Festival,1999).
• Benny's Pennies, by Pat Brisson (Dell, 1993).
• 98, 99, 100! Ready or Not, Here I Come! by Teddy Slater (Cartwheel, 1999).
• The Shape of Things, by Dayle Ann Dodds (Candlewick, 1994).
• Ten Sly Piranhas: A Counting Story in Reverse, by William Wise (Dial, 1993).
• What's a Pair? What's a Dozen?, by Stephen Swinburne (Boyds Mills, 2000).
• Stay in Line, by Teddy Slater (Cartwheel, 1996). Only One, by Marc Harshman (Penguin, 1993).
• 512 Ants on Sullivan Street, by Carol Losi (Cartwheel, 1997).
• The Greedy Triangle, by Marilyn Burns (Scholastic, 1995).
• One Hundred Hungry Ants, by Elinor J. Pinczes (Houghton Mifflin, 1993).
Grades Four, Five, and Six
• If You Hopped Like a Frog, by David M. Schwartz (Scholastic, 1999).
• A Million Fish... More or Less, by Patricia C. McKissack (Random House, 1996).
• Roman Numbers I to MM: Numerabilia Romana Uno Ad Duo Mila, by Arthur Geisert (Houghton Mifflin, 1996).