Winter is here! Teach your students about snow and penguins with these chilly and charming winter-themed crafts.
Make Marshmallow Snow
Students will use tasty treats to create a snowy winter scene.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Your students will create and decorate their own snow-scape with candy and colored sugar in this sweet wintertime craft.
What You Need
- Mini marshmallows, white or colored
- Construction paper
- Liquid glue
- Colored sugar
- Crayons or markers
What You Do
- Have your students use a pencil to draw a snowman, snowflake, or a simple winter scene on construction paper.
- Have the students use glue to cover the pencil lines.
- Let the students glue an assortment of marshmallows and M&Ms over the lines to create a three-dimensional picture.
- Have the students apply more glue and sprinkle the page with colored sugar to create a snow effect wherever they like.
- Set the pictures aside to dry.
- Once the glue has dried, your students can add more details to their pictures with crayons or markers.
- Allow the pictures to dry completely before hanging. Leaving them to dry overnight is best.