For rainy day fun at its best, challenge your child to create new structures with everyday items.
- As many plastic or paper cups as you can round up
- Crazy straws (the kind that bend)
- Deck of cards
What to do:
- Find an open space in your home with a flat building surface. An entryway, kitchen floor, or large dining room table are good options.
- Decide on a structure to build. A bridge? A castle? A skyscraper? Look through books or magazines for inspiration.
- Encourage your child to get crafty with the materials at hand to create his structure. Tell him to make it as tall, as long, as wide and as strong as he can!
- Now the best part: knocking it down and starting all over again!
- Encourages creativity
- Introduces basic construction principles