Celebrate the holiday season with these craft ideas for Kwanzaa wreaths, reindeer puppets, snowmen ornaments, and more!
Holiday Craft: Stained Glass Decorations
Brighten up your holidays with these easy-to-create decorations that look just like stained glass!
What You Need
- Transparency film or sheets
- Images of stained glass windows (for reference)
- Loose leaf paper to create stained glass templates
- Permanent markers (black and other colors)
- Stapler and staples
- Paper clips
- Hole punch (optional)
- Yarn (optional)
What You Do
- Have the students create their stained glass templates on a sheet of white 8 1/2- by 11-inch paper. They should draw a circle, then draw a design within it. Have the students draw any holiday theme they like (such as trees, bells, wreaths, or candles) using black marker. Encourage them to break up the background in the block-like style characteristic of stained glass windows. Provide images of stained glass windows for reference.
- Paper clip a transparency sheet on top of each stained glass template.
- Outline the stained glass pattern with permanent black marker.
- Fill in the design with bright color.
- Separate the template and the transparency and put the template aside.
- Cut out the design on the transparency.
- Tear a piece of foil, approximately 8 1/2- by 11-inches large.
- Gently crinkle the foil, then press it flat again. (Note: Don't crinkle it too much, or it may tear when you attempt to flatten it again.)
- Place the transparency design on top of the flattened foil. Staple them together around the edges. Use about 10 staples.
- Cut off the excess foil to match the transparency.
- Leave as is or punch a hole at the top and string a ribbon through, so the student can hang the finished decoration.
Appears in This Collection