With pink or red paint chip samples and a heart-shaped paper punch, students will create fun, festive crafts for Valentine's Day.
What You Need:
- Pink or red paint chip samples from your local home improvement store
- Heart-shaped paper punches
- White ribbon cut into 8-inch strips, one strip per student
What You Do:
- Allow your students to select their favorite paint chip samples from your supply.
- Have your students use the paper punches to punch heart shapes into each of the different colors on the pink or red paint chip samples. Encourage them to be creative with their punching.
- Have your students punch one heart shape at the top of the paint chip sample.
- Help your students tie the ribbon through the heart shape at the top of the bookmark.
- Now your students can grab their favorite books and enjoy using their new bookmarks!
Turn this craft into a Valentine's Day exchange by having your students make a bookmark for another student in the class. You may want to assign valentines to ensure that everyone receives a bookmark.
Before handing out the heart-shaped paper punches, teach a short lesson on patterns. Have your students create patterns of hearts on their bookmarks.
Encourage your students to make a bookmark for a family member or friend and add a sweet message on the backside of the paint chip sample.