Students write special notes on a bouquet of handprints in this personalized Mother's Day craft.
What You Need
- 9- by 12-inch construction paper in various bright colors
- 9- by 12-inch green construction paper, one sheet per student
- Crayons, colored pencils, or markers
- Craft sticks, 5 per student
What You Do
- Using pencils, the students should trace one of their hands on five different colored pieces of construction paper.
- Instruct the students to cut out their traced hands.
- Help your students use the crayons, colored pencils, or markers to write something they love about their mothers on each hand cut-out. Note: You may want to brainstorm ideas with younger students.
- The students should then glue each hand cut-out onto a craft stick.
- Have your students cut out leaf shapes from the construction paper. They should cut one or two leaves for each hand shape.
- Now your students should glue the leaves to the craft sticks, just below the hand cut-outs.
- Have your students draw a flowerpot shape on a piece of construction paper and cut it out.
- Help your students write “Happy Mother’s Day” on their pots and decorate the pots with the crayons, colored pencils, or markers.
- Your students can complete the craft by gluing the empty end of each craft stick to the back of the flowerpot. From the front, the handprint flowers should appear to be growing out of the pot.