Get Your School Wired at a Discount Rate
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8, 9–12
Here are just a few highlights of the Universal Service Program. To find out more, or to apply for the discounts online, call toll-free 1-888-203-8100 or visit www.slcfund.org.
- Schools and libraries across the country can apply for discounts ranging from 20% to 90%, depending on the school's or library's economic need and location.
- The level of discount is based upon the percent of students eligible for participation in the federal free or reduced-price school lunch program. Libraries will use the school discount percentage of the school district in which they are located.
- More than 125,000 schools and libraries are eligible to participate.
- Schools and libraries can apply for their discounts online using the new SLC Web site.
- For the first 75 days of the application process, all properly completed applications from schools and libraries will be treated as if they had arrived on the same day. No funding commitments will be made until after the close of this 75-day window. The window will close at the end of the day on April 14, 1998.
- The Schools and Libraries Corporation is a non-profit organization established by the Federal Communications Commission to administer the universal service funds for schools and libraries.