Trick or treat around the curriculum with Halloween-inspired lesson plans and projects for math, science, reading, and writing.
Friendly Ghosts Craft Project
Get in the spirit of Halloween with this festive decoration.
These charming ghosts will make your classroom boo-tiful!
What You Need:
- Small balloons
- Paper or plastic cups
- Fabric stiffener
- Cheesecloth, cut into pieces large enough to cover and drape over the inflated balloons
- Googly eyes
- Tacky glue
- Black construction paper
What You Do:
- Blow up and tie off balloons, one for each student.
- Each student should turn a cup upside down. Then, have them secure the tied end of the balloon to the top of the cup with several pieces of tape.
- Pour fabric stiffener solution into a bowl and have each student soak a piece of cheesecloth, then drape it over their balloons. Allow each to dry completely.
- When the cheesecloth is dry, use a needle to pop the balloons and reveal the circular shape of the “ghosts.”
- Have students remove their ghosts from the cups, then use their fingers to fray the edges of the fabric.
- Students glue the googly eyes onto the ghost with tacky glue.
- For a mouth, have students cut out a circle from black construction paper, then glue it onto the ghost.