Celebrate the colors of fall with this easy craft. Before you begin, take your students on a nature walk and have them identify the various colors of leaves found on trees.
What You Need:
- Paper plates, one per student
- Green paint
- Paper bags, one per student
- Red, yellow, and green tissue paper
What You Do:
- Have each student paint a paper plate green.
- Set it aside to dry.
- Students open a brown paper bag, then twist the open end of the bag to make a tree trunk.
- Have children use scissors to cut several strips at the closed end of the brown bag. These will be the branches of the tree.
- Ask students to glue the trunk of the tree onto the green plate.
- Have students cut the red, yellow, and green tissue paper into small squares.
- Children roll up the tissue paper squares and glue them all over the branches and on top of the green plate.