Don't worry — these creations are more friendly than scary!
Egg Carton Bats Craft Project
In this easy craft perfect for a bat-themed unit, students can create their very own night-flyers!
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
You can use this bat craft to decorate the classroom for Halloween or as part of a bat-themed unit. For a bulletin board display, hang the bat crafts next to a poem or a list of facts about bats written by your students.
What You Need:
- Egg cartons (a minimum of one for every four students)
- Black paint
- Paint brushes
- Googly eyes
What To Do:
- Cut the egg cartons into pieces of three attached cups. Give one piece to each student.
- Have students paint their egg carton black. Allow the egg cartons to dry completely.
- Have students glue two googly eyes on the middle cup.
- Cut a small hole in the top of the middle cup.
- Have students cut a piece of yarn and attach a piece of tape to one end, then thread the other end through the hole. Now your bat is ready to hang!