Students will have fun with texture and color by designing their own Indian corn decorations.
What You Need:
- Four resealable plastic bags
- Dried white beans
- Rubbing alcohol
- Red, yellow, orange, and brown food coloring
- Yellow and green construction paper
What You Do:
- Fill four resealable plastic bags with dried white beans.
- In one bag, add a few drops of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of yellow food coloring to dye the beans yellow. Shake the bag to mix in the color. Repeat with the other three colors. Let dry overnight with the bags open.
- Each student should use a pencil to draw a corn shape on the yellow construction paper, then cut it out.
- Then children draw two leaves on the green construction paper and cut them out.
- Have students glue the green leaves to the bottom of the corn shape with one on each side, overlapping each other.
- Students glue the dyed beans to the yellow corn, using all four colors randomly, covering the entire yellow section.