Winter is here! Teach your students about snow and penguins with these chilly and charming winter-themed crafts.
Craft Stick Snowflake Project
Add some sparkle to your classroom with this easy winter craft.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
You can hang these sparkling snowflakes in your classroom to create a winter wonderland.
What You Need:
- Craft sticks, three per student
- Craft glue
- White glitter
- Assorted colored sequins
- Large pieces of paper
What You Do:
- Have your students attach two craft sticks by adding glue to the center of one craft stick, then placing the second on top of it in the shape of an “X.”
- To complete the snowflake shape, have them add another dot of glue to the center of the two craft sticks, and add a third stick horizontally across the "X".
- Have your students generously cover one side of their snowflakes with glue, then hold the craft sticks over the pieces of paper and sprinkle glitter on top of the glue. Set the snowflakes aside to dry.
- When the glue has dried, ask your students to gently shake off excess glitter over the paper.
- Have students decorate their snowflakes with colored sequins.
- Once your students are done decorating their snowflakes, they can glue a piece of yarn to the back of one of the craft sticks. The yard should be in the shape of a loop for hanging.