Celebrate the holiday season with these craft ideas for Kwanzaa wreaths, reindeer puppets, snowmen ornaments, and more!
Craft Stick Reindeer Ornaments
Here comes Rudolph and all of the other reindeer! Students create adorable mini-reindeer ornaments from craft sticks.
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Students paint and decorate cute reindeer ornaments that will brighten any Christmas tree.
What You Need:
- Brown tempera paint
- Craft sticks, one per student
- Googly eyes
- Small red and brown pom-poms
- Brown felt
- Red or white yarn
What You Do:
- Have each student paint a craft stick with brown paint. Set them aside to dry.
- While the paint sticks are drying, have students cut two antlers out of the brown felt. Small children may need assistance or a pre-made pattern.
- Once the painted sticks are dry, have children glue the googly eyes in the center of the sticks and a red or brown pom-pom on the bottom for the nose.
- Students can now glue the antlers to the top half of the back of the sticks.
- Finally, children can glue a yarn loop to the top or back of the sticks. Hang and enjoy!