You can take a nature walk to gather the pinecones needed for this craft or buy them at a local crafts store.
What You Need:
- Large pinecones (one per student)
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes
- Orange construction paper
What You Do:
- Give each student a few cotton balls and have them gently pull them apart to make them fluffy.
- Have children stuff pieces of cotton into the grooves of the pinecone.
- Near the top of the pinecone, students can glue on two googly eyes.
- Have students fold a piece of orange construction paper in half, then cut a triangle on the crease. Glue it onto the owl, below the eyes, to represent the owl’s beak.
- Have students glue a few feathers on the sides of the owl and on its head.