Welcome winter with these cute wintry decorations that make perfect magnets or festive tree ornaments.
What You Need:
- White, black, and blue 8.5- by 11-inch construction paper
- Cotton balls
- Orange and brown pipe cleaners, one each per student
- Assorted small buttons, enough for three per student
- Magnets (optional)
- Yarn (optional)
What You Do:
- Before class, create a snowman template (between 3- and 6-inches tall) and trace and cut out one snowman per student from the white construction paper.
- In class, have students glue cotton balls all over their snowmen.
- Have students crumple two very small pieces of black construction paper into little balls and glue them onto the snowman’s head for eyes.
- Next, children cut a hat from the black construction paper. Younger students may need assistance or a pre-made pattern.
- Students should cut a small rectangle from the blue construction paper to use as a band for the hat. Children can now glue the hat to the top of the snowman and glue the blue rectangle to the hat.
- Have students fold a small piece of orange pipe cleaner in half and glue it onto the snowman’s head for a nose.
- Have students glue three small buttons in a row on the snowman’s midsection.
- Have children create two stick arms from the brown pipe cleaner and glue them onto the snowman’s body.
To use the snowmen as decorations, either glue magnets to the backs of the snowmen or attach loops of yarn to the backs of the snowmen’s heads.