|Appearance of Sun||Time
(ex. 12:00 EST)
(in ºC or ºF)
|Sky Quality (include cloud cover, color, and brightness)|
|FC +10 mins.:*|
|FC +20 mins.:|
|FC +30 mins.:|
|FC +40 mins.:|
|FC +50 mins.:|
|FC +60 mins.:|
* The length of the eclipse (i.e., the time between First Contact and Last Contact) will vary depending on where you live. The eclipse may not last a full hour in your area.
Things to Record in Your Observation Journal:
- Sketches showing the progression of the moon over the sun (in which direction does the moon move? How does the crescent change shape?)
- Temperature before, during, and after the eclipse (10 min. intervals during eclipse)
- Any changes in the sky? Color, clouds, darkening, etc.
- What time is the moon first noticed on the sun?
- Estimate how much of the sun is covered at maximum, then compare it with the information table provided by Mr. Eclipse.
- Are there any sunspots on the image of the sun?
- Reaction: Is this what you thought it was going to be like? What are some descriptions you might use? (use lots of adjectives!)