Celebrate pumpkins, fall foliage, and the harvest with music, science, and art lesson plans!
Celebrate Fall Leaves Craft Project
Students explore leaf shapes and colors while making this fun craft.
What You Need:
- Leaf patterns (you can create your own)
- Black marker
- White butcher paper, cut into 18- by 21-inch rectangles
- Paint smocks
- Red and yellow tempra paint
- Paintbrushes (optional)
- Copies of a poem about fall leaves or fall (see samples under Extension Ideas)
What You Do:
- Create leaf patterns in various leaf shapes, such as maple, oak, ginkgo, or elm.
- With a marker and your pattern, trace leaf shapes onto the butcher-paper rectangles.
- Students cut out the leaf shapes.
- Pass out smocks, paint, and paintbrushes.
- Students decorate the leaves using paintbrushes or their fingers.
- Allow the leaves to dry completely.
- Let students glue a poem to the back of the leaf.
Autumn-themed lessons, activities, and classroom resources that cover a variety of subjects and appeal to different learning styles