1. Dewey Bob By Judy Schachner. $17.99.
From the author of Skippyjon Jones comes the story of Dewey Bob, a raccoon who is an obsessive collector. One day, he realizes the thing he most needs to collect is friends. Grades K–1.
2. Crenshaw By Katherine Applegate. $16.99.
When Jackson and his family fall on hard times again, he resurrects his imaginary friend, the wry and intuitive Crenshaw, a giant cat. Poignant, funny, and profound. Grades 4–6.
3. Sad, the Dog By Sandy Fussell, illustrated by Tull Suwannakit. $15.99. A woebegone mutt names himself Sad, and never expects to be happy—until a little boy named Jack renames him Lucky and changes his life. Grades K–2.
4. I Don’t Like Snakes By Nicola Davies, illustrated by Luciano Lozano. $15.99. Science and whimsy meet. A girl is cured of her ophidiophobia after she learns how snakes move, hunt, care for their young, and more. Grades K–4.
5. Lillian’s Right to Vote: A Celebration of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 By Jonah Winter, illustrated by Shane W. Evans. $17.99. Lillian remembers her family’s struggles to vote as she slowly makes her way to the ballot box. Grades K–3.
6. What Makes Me, Me? By Robert Winston. $9.99.
This fascinating, fact-packed book on the human body intrigues from the first page: All the atoms in the human body could come from your backyard garden! Grades 3–6.
7. Stormstruck! By John Macfarlane. $16.95.
Life of Pi meets Old Yeller in this story about a boy who undertakes a treacherous, ruggedly magical journey across the sea to save his elderly family dog from being put to sleep. Grades 4–6.
8. Auggie & Me: Three Wonder Stories By R. J. Palacio. $16.99.
Palacio’s e-version follow-ups to her stunning debut, Wonder, are now in print! Julian, Christopher, and Charlotte take turns telling their perspective. Grades 4–7.
9. Child Soldier By Jessica Dee Humphreys and Michel Chikwanine, illustrated by Claudia DÃ¡vila. $17.95.
This graphic novel of Chikwanine’s astounding tale of surviving as a child soldier is vivid, tragic, and ultimately uplifting. Grades 5–7.
10. The Green Bicycle By Haifaa Al Mansour. $16.99. Based on the film Wadjda, this story follows a headstrong Saudi girl as she sells mixtapes of banned music and more to buy the object of her dreams: a bike. Grades 4–7.