Use these lesson plans, crafts, and recommended books to help teach your class all about apples.
Apple Sponge Printings Craft
Armed with sponges and red paint, young students will have fun creating prints of apples.
This super-simple craft is a great way to celebrate fall, apples, or the color red. Students will have fun sponging on the paint to create these pretty apple printings.
What You Need:
- Apple pattern
- Cardstock paper, any color
- White construction paper
- Red paint
- Paper plates
- Small sponges, one for each student
What You Do:
- Download and print the apple pattern onto cardstock, one for each student.
- Students cut out the apples from the cardstock.
- Ask children to spread the apples on a piece of white construction paper.
- Pour a bit of red paint onto paper plates for the students.
- Have students lightly dip a small sponge into the red paint, then dab around the outside of each apple. [See image for Step 2]
- Set the artwork to dry.
- Remove the apples from the artwork.