Seasonally-themed craft projects for Valentine's Day, Presidents' Day, Lunar New Year, and more!
Abraham Lincoln Hat Pencil Holder
Store your pens and pencils in this cute holder!
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5
Glue and paint a toilet paper roll on a paper plate in this quick and inexpensive craft for Presidents' Day.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper rolls, one per student
- Small paper plates, one per student
- Black paint
- White paint
- Hot glue gun
What You Do:
- Give each student a toilet paper roll and a small paper plate. Provide each student, or table or desk group, with black and white paint.
- Have your students use the black paint to paint both the paper plate and the toilet paper roll completely black. Set these aside to dry.
- Have your students mix the remaining black and white paint to make gray paint.
- When the plates and toilet paper rolls are dry, have your students paint a stripe of gray along the base of the toilet paper roll.
- Once the gray stripe is completely dry, help each student glue the toilet paper roll to the paper plate with your hot glue gun.
- Your students can fill their hats with pencils or other school supplies.
Celebrate the national holiday with nonfiction reading, research projects, student activities, and more.