Scholastic Teachers Facebook Giveaway Rules: Responsive Literacy
PreK–K, 1–2, 3–5, 6–8, 9–12
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Giveaway, go to the Responsive Literacy sweepstakes post on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ScholasticTeachers between January 31, 2018 at 5:30 PM EST and February 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST (the "Entry Period") and answer the question on the designated giveaway post, including the hashtag #Sweepstakes. One entry per person. Giveaway opens for entry on January 31, 2018 at at 5:30 PM EST, and all entries must be received by February 9, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST. Proof of online submission of the entry does not constitute proof of delivery. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of a person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the Facebook account and the e-mail address associated with such account at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who has created the designated Facebook account under his/her legal name. All entries (and rights in the winning entries) become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Giveaway open to legal residents of the 50 United States (and Washington DC) age 18 or older, except employees of Scholastic Inc. (“Sponsor”), its affiliates, and their respective advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies (collectively, the "Related Entities"), and the immediate families of each. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Giveaway will be ineligible for prizes. Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. Giveaway is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. One (1) winner will be selected by random drawing on or around February 9, 2018. Each winner may be notified by Facebook message or email. Potential winners must provide Sponsor with any requested additional contact information within (7) days of notification (which shall be deemed to occur on the date on which Sponsor sends the Facebook message or email). If a potential winner (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) refuses the prize; and/or (iii) the prize is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. The potential winner may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days. Documents must be returned by the means specified in the specific document within the time specified or the potential prize winner may be disqualified. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Each winner will receive one copy of Responsive Literacy: A Comprehensive Framework, edited by Patricia L. Scharer (Approximate retail value: $52.99).
5. Prize is nontransferable, not returnable, and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed, except by Sponsor in event of prize unavailability in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Taxes, if any, on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. By entering this Giveaway, winners and all entrants agree that Sponsor, Related Entities, Facebook, and their respective officers, directors, agents and employees will have no liability or responsibility for injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize or participation in this Giveaway and they will be held harmless against any claims arising directly or indirectly from the use of any prizes or participation in the Giveaway. Sponsor and Related Entities shall not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, program, network, Internet, or computer delays, deletions, interruptions or other failures of any kind; (b) late, lost, damaged, failed, misdirected, incomplete, garbled, unintelligible, or delayed computer messages or entries; or (c) any human error that may occur in the processing of any entry, nor are they responsible for any theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Giveaway. If the administration or integrity of the Giveaway is compromised or corrupted at any time, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Giveaway.
6. By entering the Giveaway, entrants affirm that they have read and accepted these Official Rules. Except where prohibited by law, entrance and/or acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify the entrant’s and/or winner's consent, to the use of the entry, his/her name, address (city and state only), biographical information and/or likeness for any lawful purpose in any media now known or hereafter created, including online, in perpetuity without further notice or compensation.
7. To obtain a winners list (available approximately 10 days after the Entry Period), send a self-addressed stamped envelope no later than 60 days after the Entry Period to:
Responsive Literacy Giveaway
568 Broadway, 7th floor
New York, NY 10012
8. Sponsor: Scholastic Inc., 557 Broadway, New York, NY 10012
THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY FACEBOOK.