Celebrate Women's History Month with lesson plans and online activities to honor women who made a difference in the world.
In Women Who Changed History, students participate in reading and writing activities while learning about these five brave, innovative, and determined women who made history in the United States.
- Dr. Mae Jemison, the first African-American female astronaut
- Amelia Earhart, the first female pilot to fly across the Atlantic
- Rosa Parks, the “Mother of the Civil Rights Movement”
- Sally Ride, the first American woman to enter space
- Melba Pattillo, one of the first African-American students to integrate into a formerly all-white high school in Little Rock, Arkansas
Extension activities include writing a newspaper article or persuasive essay about these key leaders in the women's movement.