Plan your year ahead with these teacher-tested multimedia units including audio and online publishing resources for students, plus lesson plans and free printables for you.
Weather Watch teaches daily weather patterns and brings students face-to-face with extreme weather conditions. The project features activities for younger students, intermediate grades, and upper grades.
- Students learn the different types of clouds, then Track Clouds in the Sky for three days by visual observation. Finally, they write about what they’ve learned.
- In Experiment With Weather, students build their own meteorologist tools and test-drive them, then print out our Weather Data Sheet to record the results of their experiments.
- Students will Explore Climate Conditions by conducting online research. They'll also learn to manipulate the weather with the Weather Maker.
- With Forecast the Weather, students analyze a hurricane, tornado, winter storm, or drought and then create a weather report.
- Students can also learn more about Severe Weather and Natural Disasters, including volcanoes, earthquakes, and more.
While participating in Weather Watch activities, students will:
- Formulate questions to help guide their own learning
- Gain knowledge of weather terms and their appropriate usage
- Use observation skills to determine current weather conditions
- Gather data from several sources
- Forecast probable weather conditions after analyzing available data
- Complete a research project on a topic of their choice