As part of Scholastic’s “Going Bug-gy” series, students can “Talk Bugs with the Friz” (grades K-4) by reading an interview with bug expert, Ms. Frizzle, of the Magic School Bus. Ms. Frizzle offers brief, easy-to-understand answers to 30 questions, including:
- What’s the difference between bugs and insects
- Why do fireflies light up their abdomen?
- Why do bees have stingers?
- How do spiders make their webs?
- Where do butterflies live in the winter?
While creating their caterpillars, students gain an understanding of how living things interact with or cause changes to their environment.