What is matter? Scholastic’s “Study Jams: Solids, Liquids & Gases,” for grades 3–5, uses an engaging three-minute animated video to explain how matter changes states through heating or cooling.
Students can also:
- Sing karaoke (music and lyrics are provide) about matter
- Take a multiple-choice quiz on what they’ve learned
- Consult a list of related vocabulary words.
Students participating in Solids, Liquids & Gases will:
- Recognize that matter has three forms: solid, liquid, and gas
- Demonstrate understanding that each state of matter has distinct properties
- Explain the role of heat in changing matter from one property to another
In this lesson, use a three-minute animated video about the states of matter to help reinforce key concepts and keep students engaged in the learning process.