Teach popular math and science topics with StudyJams! online activities. Students can watch videos, sing karaoke, and view slideshows all about math and science concepts.
What is matter? Scholastic's Study Jams: Solids, Liquids, and Gases activity, for grades 3–5, uses an engaging three-minute animated video to explain how matter changes states through heating or cooling.
Students can also:
- Sing karaoke (music and lyrics are provided) about matter
- Take a multiple-choice quiz on what they’ve learned
- Consult a list of related vocabulary words
Students participating in Solids, Liquids, and Gases will:
- Recognize that matter has three forms: solid, liquid, and gas
- Demonstrate understanding that each state of matter has distinct properties
- Explain the role of heat in changing matter from one property to another
In this lesson, use a three-minute animated video about the states of matter to help reinforce key concepts and keep students engaged in the learning process.