One of Max's Math Adventures, “Card Castle Addition” (grades K–2) challenges students to solve a real-world addition problem by using clues imbedded in a fun, rhyming poem.
With text and audio, students read along and listen as Max and Ruthie build a castle from cards. When their dog, Rover, crashes 14 floors of the castle, students must figure out all the different ways you can make 14 using two numbers.
Plus, students can try three Extra Challenges of varying difficulties.
By participating in “Card Castle Addition,” students will:
- Apply math skills to solve problems.
- Find mathematical problems in everyday situations.
- Relate everyday language to mathematical problems and symbols.
- Use creative thinking and math skills to figure out the solution.
- Use an interactive online form.
Math and language arts game created specifically for students in grades K–2. Each adventure focuses on one math skill integral to the K–2 math curriculum.