The Math Maven is always finding herself in the middle of a fun new mystery, and she counts on her "super sleuths" (grades 3-5) to solve them. Each mystery focuses on a particular area of math reasoning and computation and requires students to use problem-solving and sharp math skills to help her find the solution.
The 27 mysteries cover the following skills and range from easy to medium to difficult:
- Logical Reasoning
- Whole Number Operations
- Fractions & Ratios
- Money & Decimals
- Patterns & Missing Number Equations
- Combinations & Probability
- Measurement & Time
- Geometry & Spatial Relationships
By participating in Math Maven's Mysteries, students will:
- Use problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Apply math skills in an authentic situation
- Practice reading skills
Math mystery games, each with a focuses on a particular area of math reasoning and computation. Requires students to use creative thinking.