Guide students through their study of dinosaurs with these articles, lesson plans, online learning activities, and writing assignments.
Dinosaur Times (grades 3–8) lets students travel back in time to the era of dinosaurs, a favorite topic of children that appeals to their natural curiosity of fact and fantasy.
Once students open the Dinosaur Times interactive timeline, they can click on these periods to read more about them:
- Triassic (251 to 200 million years ago),
- Jurassic (200 to 145 millions years ago)
- Cretaceous (145 to 65 million years ago)
Then, they can click on 18 dinosaurs — from the Allosaurus to Triceratops — before dragging them into the era in which they lived. Information about each dinosaur will pop up and aid as a clue for appropriate placement.
Students browsing the Dinosaur Times interactive timeline will:
- Use technology to gain a basic understanding of dinosaur characteristics
- Improve content-area reading skills, such as reading for detail