Teach your students about the history of Native Americans and present-day Native American cultures with interactive online activities, book resources, games, and art projects.
As part of Scholastic's The First Thanksgiving project, Daily Life presents students with a multimedia presentation on the daily life of Pilgrims and members of the local Wampanoag tribe.
Students may use this resource to compare and contrast the two cultures by studying many different aspects of daily life. They include:
- Use technology tools to access, explore, and synthesize information on the Mayflower, Pilgrims, Plymouth colony, Wampanoags, and the first Thanksgiving
- Develop an understanding of the Pilgrims' motives in establishing a settlement in the New World
- Develop an understanding of the colonial and Wampanoag cultures of the early 1600s
- Compare and contrast lifestyles of the Pilgrims and Wampanoags
- Reflect on what has been learned after reading by formulating ideas, opinions, and personal responses
3 CLASS PERIODS
5 CLASS PERIODS
Teach your students about 17th-century America and the history of Thanksgiving with ready-to-go classroom activities, book resources, colorful crafts, and more.