In the Spanish-language “Clifford’s Big Dig!” Interactive Storybook (K–1), early readers follow the lovable red dog as he searches for various objects. The storybook challenges students to practice important phonemic awareness and phonics skills, helping them connect sounds to letters and words and enhance their Spanish reading vocabulary.
On each page, students choose a word (from three options) to complete a sentence and then listen to the page read aloud with the new sentence. The illustration also changes to reflect the new word and sentence.
Clifford ve un punto.
Parece grande. Parece verde.
Es ______. “
Students choose from: una bici, un mono, un balde
While students enjoy Clifford Interactive Storybooks, they will be participating in activities that correlate with many of the national standards for reading and language arts. Students will
- Develop phonemic awareness skills
- Recognize consonant sound-spellings
- Distinguish easily confused letter pairs
- Recognize common short and long vowel sound-spellings
- Read stories containing high-frequency words
- Interact with the computer to create new text
- Understand that changing one word in a sentence can change the meaning of the entire sentence