With Clifford Interactive Storybooks, early readers practice important phonemic awareness and phonics skills while listening to words and selecting which words to include in their stories. These activities engage students in building storybooks, helping students connect sounds to letters and enhance their reading vocabulary.
Pick a story — each lets children choose words to complete sentences:
- Emily Elizabeth Goes to School, offered in English and Spanish
- “Here, Clifford!” in English and Spanish
- Clifford’s Big Dig in English and Spanish
- Where Is Emily? also in English and Spanish
Or choose from online games:
- Concentration tests their memory skills and phonemic awareness skills.
- Make a Word lets students choose letters to build words.
- Letter Match gets them matching words that start with the same letters.
- Sound Match tests students’ phonemic awareness skills.
While students enjoy Clifford Interactive Storybooks, they will be participating in activities that correlate with many of the national standards for reading and language arts. Students will:
- Develop phonemic awareness skills
- Recognize consonant sound-spellings
- Distinguish easily confused letter pairs
- Recognize common short and long vowel sound-spellings
- Read stories containing high-frequency words
- Interact with the computer to create new text
- Understand that changing one word in a sentence can change the meaning of the entire sentence
Looking for Web Hunts, Webquests, Internet Field Trips, or Math Hunts?
Due to changing concerns about privacy and web safety for children, we are no longer supporting Web Hunts, Webquests, Internet Field Trips, and Math Hunts activities for students. This site will continue to offer high-quality educational resources for teachers. Explore some of the most popular and highly-taught activities, below.