Get discussion questions, extension activities, vocabulary lists, and more for teaching with Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
The Explore Charlotte's Web Flashlight Readers activity gives fans of the classic book more of the story and characters they love.
- Celebrate Charlotte's love of words with the Pick-the-Perfect-Word activity, which challenges their vocabulary and word analysis skills.
- Make their own comic strip in which they decide what happens to Wilbur and his friends!
- Browse a slideshow of images from the movie Charlotte's Web.
- Meet the producer of Charlotte's Web, who offers an inside look at the making of the movie.
- Browse (and read) a slideshow of spiders, from the tarantula to the brown recluse.
- Meet the author, E.B. White, by reading this brief bio.
- Check out more best books, including E.B. White's other children's books, plus great books about farm life.
While participating in the Flashlight Readers activities students will:
- Offer observations, make connections, react, speculate, interpret, and raise questions in response to text
- Identify and discuss book themes, characters, plots, and settings
- Connect their experiences with those of the author and/or with characters from the books
- Support predictions, interpretations, conclusions, etc. with examples from text
- Practice key reading skills and strategies (cause-and-effect, problem/solution, compare-and-contrast, summarizing, etc.)
- Monitor their own comprehension
Featured Lesson Plan
Use this guide to help plan lessons around highly-taught books and their corresponding Flashlight Readers activities.