5 Ways to Make TV Time Meaningful
Keep your child from passively surfing television programs from the time she gets home to bedtime.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Attention and Focus
Keep your child from passively surfing television programs from the time she gets home to bedtime. Set good viewing habits with these five tips:
- Set firm limits on how many hours a day your child watches TV.
- Don't let your child have a TV in his bedroom or have the TV on for "background noise" while he does homework.
- Record shows and watch them later so you can fast-forward through commercials.
- Lose the remote. Make your child choose a show and stick to it.
- Find shows that teach and inspire your child to think about life issues. Watch them together and then turn the TV off and talk about them.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 8-10