Hands and Feet Together
Multiply the fun when your baby paints with a friend.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- newspaper or plastic garbage bags
- large sheet of butcher paper or posterboard
- washable paints in containers large enough to dip hands and feet in
What to do:
- Cover the floor with newspaper or tape down a cut-open garbage bag (this also works well as an outside activity). Set out butcher paper and paints. Invite the children to make a mural with prints of their hands and feet. Demonstrate by putting your own hands in the paint and making a handprint on the paper.
- Encourage little ones to take turns pressing their hands and feet on the paper. What kind of patterns can they make if they put their hands or feet together?
- When they're finished, ask them if they can identify their own hand- and footprints on the mural.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 0-2