Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
Fine Motor Skills
What you need:
- a simple stocking cap
- two large balls of yarn (per wig)
- felt and other decorations
- fabric glue
- cookie sheet
What to do:
- Make four or so large "pom-poms" by wrapping the yarn (half a ball per pom-pom) many times around a cookie sheet. Then thread an 8-inch piece of yarn between the cookie sheet and the wrapped yarn, and use it to tie the wrapped yarn into a bundle — the extra yarn from the tie will be used to attach the cap.
- Attach the pom-poms to the cap by threading the leftover tie strands through a yarn needle and then through the cap. Knot them on the cap's underside.
- Once the pom-poms are attached, cut your "hair" to the desired length and then braid it or glue on embellishments. You can also use the glue to tame unruly strands of hair.