Stained Glass Windows
Shed some light on geometric shapes!
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- dark-colored construction paper
- tissue paper in various colors
- glue or tape
What to do:
- Start by folding a sheet of construction paper in half, then in half again. Finally, fold it diagonally to make a triangle.
- Cut out small shapes from all three sides of the triangle and from the bottom point. Encourage your child to experiment with different shapes, but make sure to leave some folded edges intact so that the window does not fall apart.
- Carefully unfold the window. Glue or tape pieces of colored tissue paper over the open shapes. Then attach the "stained glass" window to a real one and let the sun stream through!
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 5-7