Drape this no-sew cloth over a box to create a cool playhouse.
Hover over each Learning Benefit below for a detailed explanation.
What you need:
- tablecloth or large sheet of fabric
- Magna-Tac fabric glue
- ribbon or fabric scraps
- pinking shears
What to do:
- Trace opening for door and windows onto cloth with fabric chalk. Draw a second outline 2 inches in from the desired opening.
- Trace an X shape from corner to corner within each opening. Cut along the "X lines" first, then along the 2-inch lines all around the opening outlines to allow for a hem.
- Discard the cloth scraps and with fabric glue such as Magna Tac, glue the 2-inch hems on the "inside" of the house.
- Use ribbon to create windowpanes and affix with glue. Using other scrap fabric, cut out and glue on flower boxes, a mailbox, or a flag.
- Throw the cloth over a card table or box for an instant clubhouse.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 3-5