Here are some book picks for your 4th grader:
- Chasing Vermeer, by Blue Balliet: This is a great chapter book to read with your child. It is a mystery book about a brother and sister and incorporates adventure, art history and even secret codes!
- The Story of Ruby Bridges, by Robert Coles: Although this is a picture book it is a very serious book which addresses the true story of a black girl attending an all-white school in New Orleans in 1960.
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, by Judy Blume: The name of this book says it all. It is about a 4th grader, his classmates and their daily adventures.
- Esperanza Rising, by Pam Munoz Ryan: This historical fiction novel tells the story of a girl who is forced to immigrate from Mexico to California during the depression.
- It's Our World, Too!: Stories of Young People Who Are Making a Difference, by Phillip Hoose: This book tells true stories of children and young adults who took action and caused change in the world.
Recommended Products for Your Child Ages 9-9