What you need:
- cookie dough (prepared, or your own recipe)
- cookie cutters
- food coloring
- toppings, such as sprinkles, raisins, frosting
What to do:
- As your child grasps the concept of matching, he can take ownership and exercise his creativity by figuring out different ways to make matches.
- Prepare cookie dough and set out hand cookie cutters, food coloring, and different toppings.
- Help your child create as many variations of "cookie matches" as he can think of: matching by shape, by topping (a square and triangle both topped with blue sprinkles), and by color.