What You'll Need
- Styrofoam wreath
- Construction paper
- Scissors (child and adult)
- Glitter glue and other art supplies
- Talk to your child about what he thinks about when he thinks of winter: Snowflakes? Penguins? Polar bears?
- Provide construction paper and art supplies and invite him to draw and decorate his "winter ideas."
- Help your child cut out his creations. You can also show him how to make snowflakes by folding a small piece of paper and cutting into it. Use string to attach the pieces to the wreath. Hang your Winter Wonderland Mobile where family and visitors can enjoy it.
- There's no such thing as right or wrong when it comes to this craft project. Let your child's imagine be the guide when it comes to shape and color. Your child might want to really express himself by making green snowflakes, a blue polar bear with red stripes, or orange snowflakes.