- 1 dozen frosted cupcakes
- ½ cup sanding sugar
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- 12 red Sixlets for nose
- 12 white heart sprinkles
- 24 sticks of pink bubble gum
- 24 black dragée candies
- Coat frosted cupcakes with sanding sugar. (Tip: For an even coating, press upside down in a bowl of colored sugar while turning.)
- Pipe two dabs of frosting on each cupcake for cheeks; add a Sixlet and an upside-down heart sprinkle to each for the nose and teeth.
- With kitchen shears, round off one end of each piece of gum. Press uncut ends into frosting.
- Add two dragées for eyes.
Photo Credit: Aaron Dyer; Food and Prop Styling: Caolyn Veith Krienke